Monday, June 27, 2011

Lupron Day 1

Well I'm officially back in the game after taking my first dose of Lupron this morning- 10 units.  OK so it's a super tiny needle and not a big deal but I am just so ready for this after months of having no chance of getting pregnant.  I probably woke up 10 times last night with anxiety about doing the shot.  I have to do it between 6 and 9 am each day.  I'm on the 10 units until at least the 7th of July and then it will probably drop to 5 units.  My last birth control pill is Saturday too.  Not too much else going on except complete relaxation and less stress because of summer vacation.  I am so happy we decided to wait until vacation to do all of this.  I'm looking forward to spending time with Matt and family/friends, reading, relaxing and doing things around the house for the next 7 weeks!  We have a much shorter summer vacation than most schools (I work at a charter school) but you won't hear me complaining!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats are starting up your first IVF cycle Lora! I hope this is the only one you have to do!! The lupron injections are a cynch...most of the time I don't even feel the needle go in! Good luck...I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for summer vacation! (I'm on it too) I hope everything works out well for you!

    And my friend Kaitlin has a kindle. We actually started a book blog and do reviews on books we've read www.bookstothesky.com

    And I have a goodreads account too with all the books I've read and plan on reading. http://www.goodreads.com/yenneh

    Come be my friend on there :D

    ReplyDelete