Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmastime

The holidays are tough when dealing with infertility.  It has now been 3 Christmases since we started trying to get pregnant.  That became completely obvious last night when I was at my parents' house for dinner and tree decorating.  Each year my mom and dad get a Christmas ornament for myself, my sister and our families.  Her family includes her husband and her 2 kids.  Mine is my wonderful husband who I adore.  But it was very depressing seeing all her ornaments for her kids and nothing new for Matt and I.  My dog Lucky has been the big thing for me to get ornaments for the past 2 years.  It made me extremely sad to realize this.  The realization that my sister has also had 9 months of a pregnancy and almost a one year old son in the time we've been trying also hurts too.  I just need to try and stay strong through the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment