Saturday, December 11, 2010

My furry friend

A local radio station is doing a campaign for our local SPCA.  The DJ asked listeners to think just what their pet means to them.  It got me thinking about my little Lucky.

I fell in love with Lucky at first sight.  It was January 2005 and I had moved to Las Vegas to pursue my teaching career that past summer after graduating college.  I was living by myself and pretty much on my own.  One evening I went to one of the local malls and stopped into the pet shop.  There was a little tiny Westie there.  She was born November 9, 2004 and just ready to go home.  I had to pick her up and hold her.  Once she snuggled up with me, I knew that she had chosen me to go home with.

Lucky is the most loving dog I know.  She is playful and fun.  She can make you laugh and make a rough day so much better.  She can sense when something is wrong and just sit with your to make things better.  I am grateful for having her in my life.  She is a part of our family and will be for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment