Thursday, July 28, 2011

Transfer

We had our transfer yesterday morning.  Our embryos were a little behind in terms of growth but Dr. H said that is should still be OK and they picked the best 2 to transfer.  It was pretty easy- kind of like an IUI.  I had some cramping for the rest of the day but it was tolerable.  I go for blood work tomorrow to check my estrogen and progesterone level (I get 50 units of P.I.O. each day already).  Our official blood test is on August 6th.  Here is a picture of our 2 embryos:


We did get some disappointing news this morning, however. None of our remaining embryos made it to the blast stage for freezing. I almost started crying on the phone when we got the call.  I hate to feel disappointed but I was really hoping we would have something- just in case. Now I'm worried that maybe the 2 little ones in me won't make it and that scares me to death. We still have the 3 that they froze at the one cell stage and would get insurance coverage for 2 more cycles...I just don't want to think about having to do it again.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the comment! So sorry none of your extra guys made it to blast. Don't you hate all the uncertainty and questioning of your decisions. I totally hear you on the not wanting to think about doing this again! We will have to wait a year or two if the one I've got cooking and none of our frosties (none were in very great shape) work. We had to finance through ARC so we will be paying this off for a while. Fingers crossed that this go round works for both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a successful transfer...sorry about the other ones who didn't make it. Your two embies look fantastic though!! Rest and relax, the 6th will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, glad to hear your transfer went well...your little guys look great!! So sorry to hear about your others not making it further. I am hoping this is it for you and you won't have to worry about it for a long while!! Hoping your tww goes quick....! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello :) I just came across your blog and wanted to wish you all the best, Im glad the transfer was successful and I look forward to following your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete