I'm hanging in there. I feel so lucky to have family and friends that have been so supportive over the past few days. I haven't cried in 2 days and I'm feeling better in accepting that our IVF may not have worked. My spotting greatly decreased yesterday and has been basically nothing since last night. I took a pee test this afternoon and it was, as expected, negative. Once we get the beta, we will be able to close this chapter if needed and look forward. I'm hoping that we can meet with Dr. H ASAP and come up with some sort of plan. What sorts of questions would you ask your doctor after a failed IVF? Here is what I've come up with so far?
- Since we have MFI, what were the sperm counts and quality? Did that have any effect on the results?
- What was the quality of the eggs and embryos transferred?
- Should we complete any other tests, especially due to all of the spotting?
- Should we try using our 3 frosties?
- What is involved in a frozen embryo transfer?
- If we did a fresh IVF cycle, do you still think we could be successful?
- Should any changes be made to our IVF protocol?