Monday, August 15, 2011

Goodbye Summer

Today marks my official first day back at school.  This will be my 8th year teaching- my 4th back in New York.  I started summer vacation 7 weeks ago in a completely different mind set.  I was so hopeful and optimistic about our IVF working and returning to school pregnant.  I've been through so many ups and downs this summer.  I've had some really good times with family and friends.  I've suffered one of the biggest heart breaks that I think I've ever had with our failed IVF.  But I go back to school with 99% of the teachers and staff having no clue as to what I've been through this summer.  I am glad for that so that I don't have to deal with questions and explaining how it didn't work.  This is the 3rd time I've returned to school hoping to be pregnant.  It sucks and makes me sad that so much time has passed and nothing has changed.

Stating a new school year is kind of like a chance to start over.  I start with a fresh classroom and a new bunch of students (hopefully better than the last).  I have to look at this as a new start with our IVF and be hopeful for better outcomes. 

1 comment:

  1. Lora my heart hurts for you. I know this feeling too well. I am looking forward to a fresh start as well and am hoping that I have some "easier" parents this year...I had a few last year who gave me quite a run. There are only a few teachers at school who know about our situation too....it does make it easier not to have to provide explanations. I am thinking of you this week. Big, big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete