Saturday, August 6, 2011

And the results are in...

We got our official negative pregnancy test this morning.  As much as I was expecting it, it still hurt to hear the words for real.  Between Lupron, stims and progesterone I've done a total of 61 shots since we started this round of IVF.  It's been a bumpy road that I wish had better results.  I will call Monday to schedule our follow up appointment.

We also realized that I have an allergy to the progesterone oil shots over this past week.  The shots have made me miserable.  I have been itching like crazy and have huge red welts on my back.  I also have a few bruises from it as well.  I am glad those are over and look forward to not clawing at my back soon.  No matter what we will not be using those shots next time (I spoke to a nurse about it today and she agreed after seeing my back). 

So now we move forward...as a friend told me...
"Everything will be OK in the end. If it is not OK, it is not the end." -Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry :( I know how hard it is to hear that news. I love that quote, and it's SO very true. We'll get there evenutally :) Sending great, big, virtual hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lora, I'm so sorry. This sucks. I hear you on the shots. Gold bond ointment has actually helped with the itching...although I'm still waiting for the injection site reaction to go down.

    You're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the BFN, and about the allergic reaction to the shots. I did the gel, maybe worth a try.

    Sorry I wasn't keeping up with your progress as it happened, but I have been trying to get over my own failed cycle. Reading your last few posts was like reading my own story. Early spotting - check. Period early - check. Period early every medicated cycle - check.

    In my case, I think it's connected with the trigger shot. I have never read anything about this, but every time I've triggered, maybe 10 or so days into the cycle, my period has come roughly the same amount of days on the other side. Clomid with trigger = early, Clomid without = 30 day cycle (normal length for me btw). IUI with trigger = early. IVF with trigger = early. Current recovery cycle, unmedicated, day 29 and counting.

    While this is not a scientific study (clearly) my doctor agrees that there is something up here. My first IVF transfer didn't stand a chance because my lining started to break down far too early - it worked out as a 22 day cycle, with the trigger coming - wait for it, on day 11. The embryos were excellent quality.

    My first FET in a couple of months will be 'natural,' save progesterone, and at this point I would refuse to have a trigger shot. I'm treating it somewhat as an experiment - how long will my cycle be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, I am so, so sorry my dear! I was very disappointed after our first IVF....so many hopes riding into it. I am thinking of you. I have now had two allergic reaction to my PIO shots. First to cottonseed oil, then ethyl oleate and this last time we switched to sesame oil and that seemed to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete