I got a call from the doctor's office this morning. After talking to my insurance company they found out that any transfer would count as one of our 3 covered transfers. So we've decided to get more bang for our buck and go for a fresh IVF cycle versus a frozen embryo transfer. We felt this would possibly give us more chances to be successful especially with changes to my doses, doing a day 3 transfer and not using the Progesterone shots.
I got my period Monday so the plan is to take this month off to be drug free and just be me. We'll start the birth control pills with my next cycle and take those through October 8th (most likely). We'd be looking at starting stims on October 15th and the retrieval would be the week of October 24th.
I know that it will be more difficult doing the whole IVF cycle during the school year. I just don't want to keep waiting. Plus if it worked in October it would still give us a possibility to have a baby lined up with summer vacation next year. My plan is to try and lose 10-15 pounds between now and the beginning of stims (I got on the scale today and had gained 4 pounds through this IVF) and get myself as mentally and emotionally strong as possible. I will probably talk to my principal upon returning to school next week to make sure that this will all be OK (I have plenty of sick hours to use). So here's to a new beginning and hopefully better results!